Author Topic: SMF4MOBILE Theme Review  (Read 10608 times)

mrnuke

SMF4MOBILE Theme Review
« on: August 09, 2013, 04:46:26 pm »
I had to write this as a thank you to the person who wrote this Theme and who also helps you customize it and figure things out when something is not simple to understand with it.

I have a slight background in web/hosting, so I know my way around hosting and webservers.
I have run a few SMF Forums over the years, one of them being a VERY active 2nd A/Firearms discussion site (www.ctguntalk.com) and will be starting others, but I don't have the programming/css skills necessary to do very deep mods and changes to them. I can handle the basics with minor mods and fixes.

I have been running Tapatalk for years and always had some issues with their updates, and finally gave them the boot after I got a hack through their software. Needless to say I was hurting for a mobile version to use on my forum where people were asking to bring Tapatalk back (which was not happening).

I found this theme on line and thought I'd check it out. I must say this is MUCH more than just a theme.
On my Forum at least it becomes a huge part of it. I have since customized it to my needs (and will add / change more things I'm sure). My members and myself love the look of it, the functionality of it and the speed. Even when I'm only in 'EDGE' range on my cell it loads rapidly.

The support from Dragooon to me is better than 95% of other companies. He replies to PM's, replies in posts and gives either useful info, the fix/code or steers you in the right direction to figure it out what you need to do.

Thank you, and I will be using this on my future projects I'm sure..

ps. I also wanted to add that Tapatalk does not allow ads/rotators so by using this Theme and modifying it slightly, you can make up for a lot of lost income .

Dragooon

Re: SMF4MOBILE Theme Review
« Reply #1 on: August 10, 2013, 05:12:15 am »
Thank you for the great feedback :D